Everyone dreams to have healthy, shiny and thick hairs. But unfortunately, today many people face hair fall issues. According to hair experts, if you lose 50-100 strands a day then its normal but if you lose more than that then you should be concerned. For men, it’s okay, as they can manage to be bald. But women can’t accept being bald as it will be very embarrassing for them, especially at young age. There can be numerous reasons for hair fall such as:
- Lack of essential nutrients in the body
- Excessive use of chemicals through hair coloring and hair styling treatments
- Improper and unhealthy dietary habits
- Hormonal imbalance
- Certain medications
- Dandruff, alopecia, and other scalp disorders
- Stress and tension
To fight stress, consider doing meditation, yoga or make it a point to get adequate sleep every night. If it is a medical issue then it should be immediately treated to avoid further hair loss. The thyroid is a common problem affecting countless women and this condition may lead to rapid hair fall. So consider getting a thyroid test done after consulting your doctor.
Here we’ve discussed some homemade remedies to fight hair loss.
1. Try Hair oil massage:
The first and easy step one can follow hair loss is to massage your scalp with a good hair oil. Massaging oil into the scalp will increase blood flow to the hair follicles, condition the scalp, and thus enhance the strength of your hair’s roots. It will also relax your mind and reduce stress.
Types of oils that you can use are coconut or almond oil, olive oil, castor oil, Indian gooseberry oil, or others. Add a few drops of rosemary essential oil to the base oil for better and faster results. Other types of oil that you can use are emu oil and wheat germ oil.
Pour few drops of any of the oil mentioned above onto your scalp, massage with fingertips and then spread the oil to rest of the hair strand and let it absorb all in. Do this at least once in the week.
2. Indian Gooseberry:
One of the key reasons for hair loss is the deficiency of vitamin C in our body. So to reduce hair fall we need to have sufficient amount of vitamin C in our body, which can be achieved with the help of Indian Gooseberry, otherwise known as amla. The anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibacterial, and the exfoliating properties present in Indian gooseberry can help maintain a healthy scalp and promote hair growth. Steps to use Indian gooseberry for hair loss treatment:
- Mix one tablespoon each of Indian gooseberry or amla pulp and lemon juice.
- Massage your scalp with the mixture thoroughly. Cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Leave it on overnight and shampoo your hair in the morning
Must read – Home Remedies for Hair fall
3. Onion juice:
Onion juice being high in sulfur content can be used to fight hair loss, as it can help improve blood circulation to the hair follicles, regenerate hair follicles and also reduce inflammation. The antibacterial properties in onion juice also help kill germs and parasites and treat scalp infections that can cause hair loss.
According to a study published in the Journal of Dermatology in 2002, almost 74 percent of the study participants who applied for onion juice treatment on the scalp experienced significant hair regrowth.
- Extract the juice of one onion by grating it. Apply the juice directly to the scalp. Leave it on for about 30 minutes, and then wash it off with shampoo
- Mix three tablespoons of onion juice and two tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel. You can also add one tablespoon of olive oil. Apply this mixture to your scalp and leave it on for at least 30 minutes before rinsing it off and shampooing your hair.
Do this two or three times a week for several weeks
4. Licorice Root:
Licorice root is another herb that prevents hair fall and any more damage to the hair. The mollifying properties of licorice roots open up the pores which comfort the scalp and helps in getting rid of irritations like dry flakes. This remedy is good for dandruff, hair loss and baldness.
- Add one tablespoon of ground licorice root to one cup milk with a quarter teaspoon saffron. Mix it thoroughly.
- Apply the paste on bald patches at bedtime and leave it on overnight.
- In the morning, wash your hair.
Follow this remedy once or twice a week.
You can also take consume licorice in the form of licorice tea three times a day.
5. Chinese Hibiscus:
The natural properties of Chinese Hibiscus are excellent for treating hair loss and hair growth. And In addition, to that, it is very helpful for curing dandruff, prevents split ends, thickens the hairs and prevents premature graying of hair. Steps to treat hair loss using Chinese hibiscus are:
- Add 10 Chinese Hibiscus flowers to two cups of coconut oil.
- Heat the solution until charred. Stretch it to collect the oil.
- Apply the oil on your hair before going to bed. Wash your hair in the morning.
- Repeat this a few times a week.
You can also drink it as a tea to encourage proper growth.
6. Aloe Vera:
Aloe Vera contains is good for promoting healthy hair growth due to the enzyme contained in it. In addition to that, its alkalizing properties can help bring the scalp and hair’s pH to a more desirable level, which can greatly promote hair growth. Use Aloe Vera regularly to get relieve from scalp itching, add shine and strength to your hair, reduce scalp redness and inflammation, cure dandruff problem. For hair loss treatment both aloe vera gel and juice will work.
- Apply aloe vera gel or juice onto the scalp.
- Leave it undisturbed for a few hours and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process three to four times a week.
Consume one tablespoon of aloe vera juice daily on an empty stomach to achieve better hair growth.
Beetroot juice is rich in carbohydrates, potassium, protein phosphorus, calcium, and vitamins B and C. All of which are necessary for healthy hair growth.
- Boil few beetroot leaves and then grind it along with henna and apply the paste on your scalp. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash it off.
- You can also drink fresh beetroot juice daily. In addition to that, drink also spinach juice, alfalfa juice, lettuce juice, or carrot juice to keep your hair healthy.
Repeat this treatment several times a week.
Flaxseeds are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids that can stop further hair loss and promote hair growth.
- Consume one tablespoon of freshly ground flaxseeds with a glass of water daily in the morning. You can also add flax seeds to your salads, soups, smoothies, and other dishes.
- You can also apply flaxseed oil onto your hair. When used as hair oil, flaxseed oil can help prevent hair loss as well as strengthen your hair.
9. Coconut Milk:
Coconut milk has several benefits for your hair. It can not only fight hair loss but also promote hair growth. It contains essential fats and is rich in protein which can prevent hair breakage and strengthen your hair. Apply it to your hair for quick results.
- Grate fresh coconut and add it to a pan of water to make fresh coconut milk
- Boil it for 5 minutes. Then strain it.
- Once cool, apply the milk thoroughly onto the scalp and into your hair. Leave it undisturbed for about 20 minutes and then shampoo your hair to wash it off.
Just like an onion, garlic also is high in sulfur content. That is why it is used in traditional hair regrowth medicines.
- Crush a few cloves of garlic.
- Add coconut oil to it and boil the mixture for a couple of minutes.
- Let it cool down a bit and then massage it into your scalp.
- You can leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash your hair.
Do it two to three times a week for better results.